Senior Algorithm Developer / Data Scientist
VeloQuant is an exciting and innovative company specializing in the development of trading algorithms and ultra-fast trade execution in the field of High Frequency Trading (HFT). The company uses Financial Mathematics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Advanced Statistical Models and Proprietary Trading Techniques. VeloQuant operates successfully and consistently in sophisticated financial markets. Our top talented team is committed to end-to-end innovation, from trading idea, to top-notch research and high quality development of trading systems.
- You are expected to lead and guide research, exploring ever growing data, and translating these into cutting edge algorithms and technologies. He / She will work closely with developers and traders, and will have huge impact over the company’s activity and success.
- Research and design algorithms involving financial, big data, statistical analysis and machine learning techniques.
- Analyze large data sets, build models and apply statistical analysis to extract useful insights that will help to improve current products and will lead to the development of future products.
- Work closely with developers and traders in the company to identify viable data-driven opportunities.
• Phd / Msc in Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics or related field
• At least 3 years of experience
• Proficient in Matlab / R / Python
• Programming skills in C++ / C
• Highly independent
• Vast experience as data scientist
• Knowledge in machine learning/deep learning/financial algorithms/statistical algorithms/pattern recognition or related fields
• Experience in low latency sensitive algorithms – Advantage
• Financial world experience – Advantage